Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Babies babies...more babies

So many of my friends have becoming parents recently. They either got married early or get married in a rush to welcome the new born. Thanks to the social networks which can easily connecting people from around the globe that allows me to see friends’ pictures all the time. One funny thing is, baby pictures have dominated most of my front page photos. All of the news feed are mostly friends’ wedding pictures, pregnancy pictures and then babies pictures, babies pictures then more babies pictures.



I started to get the fear of being a parent after seeing and hearing how much a woman has to go through the labor process, carrying kids, nurturing the kids, and finally raising them. I have to admit that I love children. I love to have my own too, but when it came to how to raise a good kid, I started to doubt at myself. I don’t think I can be a good parent. I am not talking about those bad habit such as gambling, smoking, drinking etc that make me a bad parent, but I am referring more to the upbringing for the children.



As we all know, babies are the purest thing in the world. They came to this world like a sheet of blank paper. We, the parents and the society are the one who paint and color on that sheet of paper. I am not an artistic person, I don’t know how to paint nor draw; therefore I am scared.



A day before I wrote this blog, a good friend of mine called. She just had a baby, a one month old baby boy. Then she kept going on how painful the process was, how many stitches she has to get and one month of ‘hell’ experience after the baby was born. This one month of ‘hell’ experience basically is a traditional believe of Chinese people on do’s and don’ts on the month after you gave birth. They believe that woman gets very weak after they gave birth, in order to get enough nutrition, to have a healthy body in order to produce enough milk to sustain, the woman has to eat only certain high temperature, high calories, high protein food every day. Not to mention that, she is not allowed to take shower and to expose to any water, rainfalls, wind, air-conditional and etc. They believe that these will cause her body weaker and effect the woman’s future health if she doesn’t follow those methods. Therefore Chinese celebrates the full moon, one month after the baby was born because they are also celebrating the freedom of the mom getting out of the ‘hell’.



I guess it is really hard to imagine or even think about it until you experienced it, isn’t it? Oh boy! What a process…

No comments:

Post a Comment